Drills for soccer skills keeping the ball on target is one key elements soccer coaches look for from
time to time. Knowing that all positional field players will be called upon in some game to shoot on
goal, hoping to at least keep the ball on frame(goal). The key tips are:
1. Keep your knee over the ball as you strike the shot, this will help in shooting the ball over the goal
2. Don’t over power the ball, the idea is to hit it clean and straight, too much power means over the bar
3. Try not the lean back, keep your body straight or slightly over the ball will keep it down for the most part
4. The shot is many times just a hard pass if you can picture that in your mind as you are preparing for the shot
5. Angles are more important than power and speed of the ball, power comes later as you get better technique
6. A ball on goal(target) has a chance to score, it’s better to hit the ball slightly softer to insure a chance to score
Many drills have been shown for teaching goal scoring, here are some MLS results of drills for soccer
skills keeping the ball on target.
Some Free Books On Soccer, Some From $9 to $47, Great Choices.
Note: If you like this video, click on the tags below, each tag will take you to more videos in that category.
The Ultimate Guide To Secrets Of Winning Soccer, Get This Book Now Click Here